The Philippines joins the entire world in celebrating the 26th International Coastal Cleanup movement.
Different organizations, together with their volunteers, are coming up with events to act on conserving and protecting the ocean through collecting trash and debris. The effort is spread around the different parts of the country with the aim to create awareness and inspire others to take care of our seas and the ocean.Activities are not limited to coastal cleanups only, some sectors organize other activities correlated with tidying up the ocean like underwater cleanup and mangrove planting, to name a few.For those who are interested, here is a list of Cleanup events around the country.
3rd Zero Waste in Seas – September 17, 2011 3:00 P.M.
Organized by The Islands Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility arm, Our Islands Foundation, this coastal cleanup on its third year seeks to rehabilitate the health of shores of Mactan, Cebu.
This, year they are partnering with Bigfoot Studios Inc and Ocean Care Advocates Inc.
Coastal Cleanup volunteer – Php 250.00
Inclusive of: snacks, certificate, raffle entries and a souvenir shirt.
Visit Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Islands-Foundation
International Coastal Cleanup Philippines 2011 - September 17, 2011 9:00 A.M.
The University of the Philippines Explore (UP EXPLORE) is spearheading another 2011 ICC Philippines youth action at the Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area in Manila Bay on September 17, 2011.
Registration is for free.
Event shirt is for sale at Php 170.00
Miss Philippines Earth 2011 joins 2011 International Coastal Clean-Up
Miss Philippines Earth beauties for a cause will join thousands of Filipinos who will clean-up our coasts on September 17, 2011. Calling out to past-present, candidates-winners and to anyone who wants to join to sign up and be part of the celebration.
Dive against Debris 2011 – September 17 & 18, 2011 9:00AMReef Seekers, Mares Philippines in partnership with Project Aware and Pier Uno Dive Resorts are organizing a beach and underwater clean up event dubbed as 2011 Dive Against Debris Internation Coastal Clean Up day.
The event will take place at Pier Uno Resort in Anilao Batangas. A volunteer will receive a shirt, Project Aware certificate of recognition and a decal to proudly display.
The resort is offering special weekend packages for participants on food, accommodation and dives. There will also be a fun dive scheduled at the end of the event.
Metro Manila Coastal Clean up 2011 – September 17, 2011 6:00 A.M.
This year, the Department of Tourism in celebration of World Tourism Day though the Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving shall be coordinating this year’s International Coastal Cleanup activities.Cleanup sites in Metro Manila will be at Baywalk, Roxas Blvd. and the Las Piñas-Parañaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area or the Freedom Island. Registration is from 6:00 – 7:00 A.M. and will end by noon.
Registration is for free. Volunteers are encouraged to bring gloves, water, hat and alcohol. The Manila Fire Department will provide water for washing.
Iligan City joins International Coastal Cleanup Day 2011
The Biology department and the Haynayan Society of MSU-IIT together with project aware and the Coastal Conservancy worldwide will hold a coastal cleanup day on September 24, 2011 at the coastal area of Brgy. Santiago, Iligan City.
Iloilo organizes Coastal Cleanup.
The environmental management bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Region VI, with the Southern Iloilo Coastal Resource
Management council will hold a simultaneous clean up of Southern Iloilo’s coastline, from oton to tigbauan towns on September 17, 2011. Registration and event will start at 7:00 in the morning.
Trash doesn’t fall from the sky, it falls from human hands. And human hands posses the power to stop it. You and your friends, family and colleagues can make a difference through a remarkable experience of working shoulder to shoulder in cleaning up the ocean. Sign up as a volunteer and start making a difference!
- thingsrecycledusefully likes this
- lanpac05 likes this
- camzdimal reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- gavelovebutgothurt likes this
- topakinforever likes this
- youmakemesmile125 likes this
- ronjoooooooooooobe reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- contrivedconfessions reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- sshhtt likes this
- bheheart likes this
- runinninja reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- buzzinglikethebusybee likes this
- lancerefulgente likes this
- babycrissa likes this
- incompletewithout9 likes this
- jordanmanzano reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- philophobia9 reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- sephprince likes this
- grimoireheart likes this
- kurohannah likes this
- crayoncoloreddreams likes this
- ayrajudelle reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot and added:
- justtourette likes this
- stormshii reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- tomorrowla-and likes this
- danica741 reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- lemonydrops likes this
- lemonydrops reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- surecash likes this
- jesusrocksmyworld reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- ichiandeezee reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- lynettetuvilla likes this
- iyaymahusay likes this
- foodcookingrecipes likes this
- doggietrainingtips likes this
- utsukushii143 likes this
- myheartandmymusic likes this
- thebrokenstringsofmine likes this
- misterouslove reblogged this from wanderingbarefoot
- beatitudotakeabeatwithme likes this
- healthandfitness101 likes this
- kian107 likes this
- thinemomo likes this
- txikailenut likes this
- peoplethatweusedtobe likes this
- caleehwang likes this
- youmustbethistalltodie likes this
- changyy likes this
- live4everandever likes this
- This was featured in #Pinoy